Origami is the ancient Japanese art of paper folding. It is said to have originated in the 17th century and has been practiced ever since. The word origami comes from the Japanese words “ori” meaning “folding” and “kami” meaning “paper”. The art of origami is simple: all you need is a sheet of paper and your hands. No scissors, no glue, no tape, just paper. There are many different ways to make origami with cardstock scraps.
Origami is a fun and creative way to express your artistic side. There are endless possibilities when it comes to designing and folding origami creations. The only limit is your imagination.
Origami can be used to create both two-dimensional and three-dimensional sculptures. The most common origami fold is the mountain fold, which is created by folding the paper in half along the crease. The valley fold is created by folding the paper in half along the valley. To create a three-dimensional origami sculpture, you will need to use a variety of folds, such as the mountain fold, valley fold, petal fold, rabbit ear fold, and fishtail fold.
Origami is not only a fun activity, but it can also be therapeutic. The repetitive motions of folding paper can help to calm and focus the mind. Origami can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to adults. It is a great activity to do with family and friends.
One way is to use a simple square of paper. Fold the paper in half diagonally to make a triangle. Then, fold the triangle in half again to make a smaller triangle.
Next, fold the triangle in half once more to create a smaller triangle.
Finally, fold the triangle in half one last time to create a very small triangle. This is the basic origami folds. With these basic folds, you can create many different origami shapes with cardstock scraps. Try making a crane, a flower, or a heart. The possibilities are endless!
Cardstock papers are ideal for origami because they are thick and durable. They can be found in a variety of colors like white cardstock, black cardstock, purple cardstock, gray cardstock, orange cardstock, yellow cardstock and patterns like glitter cardstock, smooth cardstock or textured cardstock, and patterned cardstock which makes them perfect for creating unique and beautiful origami creations. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make origami with cardstock papers:
- Start with a square sheet of paper. Fold the paper in half to create a crease. Unfold the paper and then fold it in half the other way to create a second crease.
- Fold the paper in half again, this time folding the top corner down to meet the bottom corner. Unfold the paper and then fold the other top corner down to meet the bottom corner.
- Fold the paper in half once more, this time folding the top edge down to meet the bottom edge. Unfold the paper.
- Fold the paper in half again, this time folding the left edge over to meet the right edge. Unfold the paper.
- Fold the paper in half one more time, this time folding the top edge down to meet the bottom edge.
- Fold the paper in half again, this time folding the left edge over to meet the right edge.
- To finish, fold the paper in half one last time, this time folding the top edge down to meet the bottom edge. Your origami paper is now ready to be used!
Origami is a form of art that is both unique and interesting. It is a great way to express your creativity and to make something beautiful out of simple materials. You can choose cardstocks of different patterns and colors from the 12×12 Cardstock shop.